Are you looking for an easy and delicious cake recipe? Here is my favorite cake recipe ever.
Like the previous recipes, I got this one from my friend Grazi (By now you will probably agree with me that she is the one who should be making these videos :P), and in turn, she got it from a Brazilian magazine called “Simple Blender Cake Recipes”(translating). Below, you will find a translation of that recipe with some slight modifications.
I love blender cakes because they are so practical. Just add everything in the blender, pour, and bake. They are perfect for kitchen-challenged people like me.
This recipe though, is not only easy to make but also incredibly delicious. You will be dreaming about it until the next time you bake it. It is perfect for dessert, afternoon tea, or just to satisfy your sugar cravings.
Cornmeal Coconut Cake with Guava Paste (1 hr/12 servings)
- 1 cup of boiling milk
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of corn meal
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- a dash of salt
- 1 TBS of baking powder
- 1 cup of coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of guava paste cut in thin slices (I usually find it at the GOYA section in the supermarket)
- Add milk, sugar, oil, eggs, corn meal, flour, salt, baking powder, and 1/2 cup of coconut to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a buttered round cake pan and add the left over coconut and mix with spoon
- Lay the guava paste slices over the batter
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes (or until golden on the top)
- Wait until it cools to remove from pan.
Did you like this recipe? Would you like to see more like it? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts in the comments below.